Academic Program Review Committee
i) The functions of the Academic Program Review Committee are to initiate and implement a continuing process of review of academic degree programs; to develop and recommend to University Senate a policy specifying the purposes, criteria and standards, and procedures of program review; to periodically re-examine that policy and, if necessary, recommend changes to University Senate; to conduct reviews of academic programs according to the established guidelines and procedures; to report regularly to University Senate; and to respond to inquiries.
i) Nine (9) tenured faculty members and at least one (1) of whom shall be a member of University Senate. Membership shall be for a term of two (2) years.
The faculty membership of the Committee shall be allocated as follows:
(1) Three (3) from the College of Arts and Science (one each from the areas of the humanities, natural sciences, and social sciences).
(2) One (1) from the College of Education, Health, and Society.
(3) One (1) from the Farmer School of Business.
(4) One (1) from the College of Engineering and Computing.
(5) One (1) from the College of Creative Arts.
(6) One (1) from the College of Professional Studies and Applied Sciences.
(7) One (1) who is assigned to the regional campuses who is not affiliated with the academic division on the regional campuses.
If warranted by the number of programs under review, one or two additional tenured faculty members to be nominated by the Executive Committee of University Senate in consultation with the Academic Program Review Committee Chair.
ii) One (1) undergraduate student.
iii) One (1) graduate student.
iv) Two (2) ex officio, nonvoting members
(1) One (1) designee of the Provost who shall serve as the ex officio nonvoting Chair of the Committee.
(2) The Director of the Center for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching, and University Assessment or his/her designee
i) Chair, James Oris, email@example.com
ii) Senate Liaison, T.M. Rajkumar, firstname.lastname@example.org
iii) Faculty and Staff - two-year term
(1) Term ends August 2014
(a) Mel Cohen (POL), MUM, email@example.com
Assigned to the regional campuses who is not affiliated with the academic division on the regional campuses
(b) Dmitriy Garmatyuk (ECE), SEAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) Term ends August 2015
(a) Ron Becker (COM), CAS-social, email@example.com
(b) Joomi Chung (ART), firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) Kathleen Knight Abowitz (EHS), email@example.com
(d) T. M. Rajkumar (DSC/MIS), FSB, firstname.lastname@example.org
(e) Zara Torlone (CLS), CAS-humanities, email@example.com
(f) Hong Wang (CHM), CAS-natural, firstname.lastname@example.org
(g) To be named, affiliated with the academic division on the regional campuses.
iv) Undergraduate Students - one year term
(1) Dan Stewart, email@example.com
v) Graduate Student - one year term
(1) Ashley Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org
vi) Ex office nonvoting
(1) James Oris, Interim Dean, Graduate School, email@example.com
(2) Cecilia Shore, Director, Center for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching, and University Assessment, firstname.lastname@example.org